An Aadhaar is a relevant electronic document, which contains a 12 digit Unique Identification Number, which is provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India.
It has the biometrics and demographics of individuals and is made mandatory by the government of India. All citizens of India must have an Aadhar card.
The Aadhar card or e-Aadhar is protected by the e-Aadhar password, which plays an important role in securing personal information provided by the citizens of India into PDF form.
The e-Aadhaar password contains 8 digit characters. The 8 digit is a combination of the first 4 letters of your name (as mentioned during Aadhaar registration) written in capital letters, on the other hand, the last four-letter belongs to your year of birth. Few examples of password format for e-Aadhaar are given below:
Example 1: Applicant name is RAHUL GAUR and Year of birth is 1993. Then the password of e-Aadhaar will be RAHU1993.
Why is the password required?
The e-Aadhaar password plays an important role as it protects your important personal information. e-Aadhaar is always in a PDF form which is secured with the help of the password and this increase the security of the document.
On top of that PDF file is generally considered a safe digital file format which cannot be changed by anyone. Whenever you need to download your e-Aadhaar the same cannot be opened or downloaded without entering the password.
Benefits of e-Aadhaar password:
- First of all, if there is no password, then, the personal information provided by the citizens is in jeopardy, which may lead to lots of security issues.
- In addition, it becomes necessary for the government to put an e-Aadhaar password, to gain the trust of the public and ensuring that proper security measures are being taken.
- Without the e-Aadhaar password, it will probably become easy to misuse the identity of anybody whether to harm the reputation or to commit any crime.
- The authentication to proof of identity or access approval is done by e-Aadhaar password.
- Hacking into your e-Aadhaar card is not possible.
Applying for a passport? Want to open a bank account? Require digital life certificate? In all these government services, Aadhar card is accepted.
Whatever be the method of downloading the Aadhar card, it is obligatory that all the citizens of India have registered and applied for the Aadhar card. It has become the solitary document to obtain benefits from the Jan Dhan Yojna of the Prime Minister.
It has become very uncomplicated to obtain your Aadhar card without any difficulty after registering. After you get the acknowledgement slip, you can download your e-Aadhar online and take a printout.
The password top open the Aadhar is always the first four letter of the applicant (written in capital letter) name and the last 4 digits of the birth year of an applicant.