Folder password protection is another hectic task that seems to have a lot of importance in today’s world. Since, we are too busy creating folders; we give less or no time to think about how we can protect them. Protection is necessary as in most cases; our private/confidential data is stored in them.
For every action, there is an equal an opposite reaction. Hence, to protect folders, you can use Folder Protect, which as the name suggests, protects your folders using password protection.
Table of Contents
Secure password protection:
Folder Protect lets you protect all your folders, files, audios, photos etc. with the help of password protection. Make sure, only you are the sole bearer of it to maintain solid security. This way, your data remains intact and is not misused, edited, deleted etc.
You do not need to be to ‘tech-savvy’ in order to use Folder Protect, as the user interface is quite self-explanatory. In case if you have any questions regarding how to use Folder Protect, you can always head on to their ‘how to’ pages.
Types it protects:
Folder Protect is well able to protect multiple file extensions including, files, photos, audios, videos, or anything that can be stored in a folder. As far as the compatibility factor is concerned, Folder Protect works well with Windows 10, 7, XP and more including FAT, FAT32 and NTFS.
The best thing about Folder protect is that it protects you while you are away. For example, while working, you leave your system open to access for anyone. On returning, you find your folders are not the same as before and are tampered with.
If however, they were protected using Folder Protect, a while later, the protection would had been activated automatically after a certain period. The idle time can be adjusted as per your need through the user interface of this software.
Safe mode security: In most cases, hackers are able to access your data through safe mode. Folder Protect however stays one-step ahead of them as even if someone boots your computer, this feature while being ‘active’ or ‘on’ would restrict them from doing any further damage.
You can protect your executables through two ways. Your data could be secured using the feature either of ‘deny accesses or ‘prompt password’ Deny access simply lets you make the executable inaccessible which can be accessed only after you deactivate this option.
Similarly, the prompt password feature, which would ask the user to enter a password as soon as someone tries to access a protected file/folder.
How to password protect a file/folder using Folder Protect?
Folder Protect was created based on a user-centered policy where the idea was to let a user create a barrier between them and the hackers by themselves. This barrier exists in the form of password protection where customized protection of your data is made possible.
The steps mentioned below would help you gain protection within seconds:
- First, download and install this software on your system to proceed. In the beginning, you would be asked to create and set a password for it. Tap on ‘ok’ to login in to the application and finally click on ‘add’ button to start adding your files or folders.
- A wizard screen would appear showing you the following steps after tapping on ‘add’.
- Choose Protection Method.
- Add items you wish to protect.
- The first option of ‘choose protection method’ asks you which type of method you would like to select for your data security using Folder Protect. Four distinct techniques of data security are available which you may select as per your need.
- Options include no access, no delete, no visible, and no write options. Since they are self-explanatory, you will not have much to worry about.
- Moving on, the second protection method known as ‘add items you wish to protect’ lets you secure data using Folder Protect. The type of data it covers include files, folders, masks, programs and drives.
- In order to hide data using Folder Protect, tap on the ‘no visible’ protection type.
- Data may include any type of files or folder. Hence, tap on the ‘files’ tap to protect files. Similarly, tap on the ‘folders’ option to save folders. While clicking any respective tab, this software provides you a folder tree possessing multiple files or folders to select which one of them is to be protected.
- Tap on the ‘add’ button to select files or folders and add them to your list. Drag and drop option is available.
- In order to hide data with Folder Protect according to their extensions (.doc, .mp3, mpeg etc.), tap on the ‘masks’ button to add the extension(s) in your list of locking. However, drag or drag option is not available in the feature of protecting extensions.
- Finally, tap on ‘protect’ when you are done adding your data, which will allow you to see the list containing protected items.
Folder Protect is has the rare feature of providing security to ‘data in use’ that includes your folders, files, drives, extensions and programs. Customized security is available enabling you to use different level of access to your files.
Folder Protect offers the feature of anti-deletion as well which is called as ‘prevent delete’ feature. This is useful for users who like to leave their systems idle or unattended for some time.
Hence, not anyone in the absence of your presence would find any joy with the help of this feature being active. Your life’s work including research, files, folders, docs, photos, videos, etc. remain intact.
How to prevent deletion of files?
In order to restrict the deletion of files, follow the steps mentioned below:
First, download and install this software on your system
Launch the software and enter your password, which should not be too easy to guess
Tap on ‘ok’ to access the software. Moving on, tap on ‘add’ button to add folders, drives, files, programs and extensions.
On tapping the ‘add’ button, the wizard of Folder Protect would appear giving you two steps:
- Step 1: choose protection method
- Step 2: add items you wish to protect
As expected, both the options are self-explainable. The former method lets you password protect your folders or files on windows and allows you to use from four different means of protection including no visibility, no accessibly, no deletion and no write. Hence, your data stays intact without being modified, deleted, edited or stolen.